Other Info

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Landing in Nairobi


I discovered the wonderful Gamemanship books in 1969. I have waited forty one (yes, 41) years to have an occasion to use this image in one of my journeys. I have saved this picture in anticipation of such an occassion, so imagine my delight to find out that at some point on our journey to and from Rwanda, I would have the great joy of landing in Nairobi. You will have to click on it to make it a little larger.

True to the spirit of Clothesmanship, I was dressed as the example on the right (above) which is clearly the proper outfit to wear when Landing in Nairobi.

The sad thing is, despite my joyful anticipation of a very brief stay in Nairobi (one hour on the way to Rwanda, eight hours on the way home) conditions in the airport in Nairobi are primitive to say the least. On our way to Rwanda we didn’t have time on the short layover to worry about the airport amenities (or lack thereof) but on the way home we paid (Graham negotiated a deal) to spend eight hours in lounge with comfy chesterfields and free unlimited food, soft drinks and booze.

No comments:

Post a Comment