Other Info

Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Vegetable Peeler

According to the Rwanda travel guide, all fruits and veg must be peeled before eating. Fruits and veg that cannot be peeled ought not to be eaten by anyone who wants to remain healthy. That means salads are out, and so are things like green beans. The food rule to remember is: peel it, boil it, cook it, or forget it.

I must make a point of bringing a vegetable peeler with me, because I can't envision spending almost three weeks in Africa without eating fruit or vegetables.

There is a market quite close to the the guest house where we will be staying. I think the first thing we (my sister Linda is coming with me) will do when we are getting settled, is that we will purchase a kettle (and bottled water) so we can be certain that we have boiling water for a coffee or tea before we leave our room in the morning, and I have ordered some powdered soymilk coffee creamer so that I don't have to have my coffee black. We can leave the kettle behind when we go home.

1 comment:

  1. Take two peelers, one always seems to break...your "Dehydrated Veggie Pal from CVA"

    ReplyDelete