Other Info

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Carry-On Bag Conundrum

Ideally, one’s carry-on bag ought not to be too heavy. It should contain the items that would be needed to ensure that the flight was a pleasant one (or in my case, not too, too nightmarish). We will be spending eight hours trapped in Heathrow – I will need to be entertained, and cheaply too!

So far, this is what is in my carry-on.
• orange inhaler
• blue inhaler
• cryptic crossword x 2
• sunglasses
• spare glasses with sunshades
• sunshades for my regular glasses
• sun hat
• hand sanitizer
• kleenex
• sleep shades
• travel blanket and pillow (it’s inflatable!)
• larabars x 4
• water
• gravol
• immodium
• acetaminophen with caffeine
• ibuprofen
• ipod and ear phones
• little spare purse for wearing under my shirt(I will actually be wearing this)
• photocopies of all of my documents
• money in my hidden pocket
• red fleece jacket
• toilet-paper holder and 1/2 roll of toilet paper (will not be needed until we get to Africa, but I might not have access to my suitcase when we change planes in Nairobi, so I will need to have it.
• paper-back novel
• day’s newspapers
• malaria meds and antibiotics
• hand fan
• towel tabs and holder
• water spritzing bottle (empty, but I will add water as I need to)
• change of sox and gidge and deodorant for the shower at Heathrow

While it is true that none of the items on this list is large at all, it is still a lot of stuff to be taking with me on the plane. I hope I sleep the whole way.

Say what you will, I am also going to sew and bring along with me, my own, guaranteed to be clean, head rest cover.  I will put Velcro on the top so it can cling to the airplane seat. I will make one for Linda too, and probably one for Leslie and Pat for their trip as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment