Other Info

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

One Less Thing to Worry About

To the casual observer it might seem that I am obsessed with food. That is probably true.

I have been worrying about how I was going to manage morning coffee without soy milk. Even though I only ever drink de-caf, I still have developed a morning routine, and I was not about to compromise on my principles and have milk just to make my morning go smoothly.

I checked out coffee mate, but it has some milk derivatives in it. I was reconciled to the idea of having herbal tea at brekkie (I could cope with that, no problem) when I was struck with the brilliant idea of asking my on-line friends at the Christian Vegetarian discussion boards if they had any ideas, and wouldn't you know it, they did! One of the members, Pamm B. recommended a product called Taam-Tov non-dairy creamer. (Thank you Pamm!) I found it on the Pangea website and ordered it and another vegan non-dairy creamer Soygo non-dairy creamer ((suggested by Veda from the Christian Veg discussion boards, so thank you, too, Veda). It comes in little packets just a bit bigger than a sugar packet, so it might be handier for travel.

The first taste test of both creamers went well. They both mix up nicely and taste good too, which is a consideration: why go to all the trouble of getting a powdered non-diary creamer if it tastes terrible? I already worry that my bag will be overweight, the last thing I need is to add to it with something that isn't tasty.

Luckily both of these creamers are great, so that is one less thing for me to worry about.

And if you know me, you know I worry about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment