Other Info

Monday, March 8, 2010

At the travel clinic

Travellers to Rwanda must have proof of having a current Yellow Fever vaccination to be admitted to the country.  I knew I had to get to a travel doctor before the trip, and I did not want to have to be scrambling in May or June to find a clinic, so I asked Linda to book us in at the Albany Clinic Travel Clinic for today, which she did.
Our appointments were for 3:45 p.m. and but I had to be there a little early because I had never been to the Albany Clinic before, and I had to get all registered.   By the time we were finished, it was 6:10 p.m.  I had a meeting downtown that started at 5:00 p.m., which I obviously missed.
I had the yellow fever vaccination, as well as polio and typhoid.  I came home with an oral prescription of Dukoral, which is for cholera, (which I won't need to take until June 4), as well as medication against malaria.    Linda had the same vaccinations that I had, but she also had to have Hepatitis A and B.   I received those vaccinations in 2004. I was worried that I might forget about the malaria meds, so I put them in my cups cupboard and I looked at them every day.  I put the cholera vaccine in the fridge, front and centre in my cold-cuts drawer where I would see it every time I opened the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment