Other Info

Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Hills

Of course we knew about the hills before we left for Rwanda, that is why my morning training walks included a dandy hill. I walked up Brimley from Bluffer’s Park to Kingston Road once. I should have done that walk every day. There was a 200 foot difference between the St. Paul and the Nakumat over a distance of about a half a mile, and the Milles Collines was even higher still. That is a greater difference than the hill from Ellesmere and Morningside to Ellesmere and Neilson, over about the same distance.

What really killed me is that I would be trudging up the hill, setting what I considered to be a blistering uphill pace by Toronto standards, and people would stroll past me as if I were standing still.

It was discouraging. I would arrive at the Nakumat huffing and puffing.  Next time I visit Rwanda, I will have to do more hill climbing before I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment