Other Info

Sunday, September 2, 2018

You Can Expect Some Turbulence


We are currently have a brief relax at the Yotel in Heathrow Airport.  The room is pleasant and cool and very quiet.  We have bunk beds, a double bed on the bottom for me, and a single on top for Linda.  The bathroom is nice and modern-looking.

I have never had a flight so bumpy in my life, and it wasn't slightly bumpy, it was dreadfully bumpy.  A Fanshaw student who is travelling with us had never flown before in his life - not a very good intro to flying.  It was so bad at a number of times that the flight attendants had to stop serving dinner - and these were prepackaged dinners, not something that could spill.

I didn't sleep well on the trip at all.   What I can say was that the landing was the smoothest landing I have ever had, no bump, no jarring brakes, just a nice glide to a stop.

I sat beside some nice people - a couple from Sarnia going to London for a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment