Other Info

Monday, July 19, 2010

Stage one of the trip is done


We landed in London this morning.  I did not sleep on the flight so I was pretty tired by the time we landed.  We had about ten hours between flights, so we had some time to kill.

We had booked a room in a pod-style hotel at Heathrow.  We landed at Terminal Three and the hotel and our flight to Nairobi were leaving from Terminal Fours, so it was convenient for us.  We wandered over to Terminal Four, and we had a bit of brekkie/lunch and then had a snooze. I was able to have a shower after my nap, and Linda did too, so when we met up with our chums in the departure lounge, we were quite relaxed and refreshed.  (Some people spent the day in the departure lounge (there is one that you can pay extra to stay in, but it is still a departure lounge) and others went into London for a bit of a jaunt.)

The picture above, is our room at the yotel. The beds were quite comfy And the room was very quiet. Having our own room (we had it for five hours) meant that we had our own bathroom for that long, and were able to avoid the problems of public toilets for the better part of the day.  I have a bit of a headache so I will make a point of drinking a lot of water.

I hope I can sleep on the flight to Nairobi.

1 comment: