Other Info

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Soccer Equipment

Our trip organizer, Rich Hitchens, asked us to see if we could rustle up some soccer uniforms to take to Rwanda to give to the children there. Rwanda is a poor, but soccer crazy country, and used uniforms from Canada are like a dream come true for the children there.

I sent emails to four soccer clubs in Scarborough about three or four weeks ago, and until today, had not heard back from any of them. I assumed it was because their email wasn’t checked much in the off season, so I really didn’t expect to hear from them until about May, if at all.

This evening I received an email from Michelle Cole Kennedy who is with the Scarborough Blizzard football club. She told me she has some uniforms for me to take. What fantastic news! How kind of the Blizzard to donate uniforms to these kids.

When I give the uniforms to the children I will take lots of pictures that I can post and send back to Michelle so that she can show them to the Blizzard, so that they can see how happy they have made a group of children, a half a world away.

Thank you Scarborough Blizzard.

No comments:

Post a Comment